Assistant Principal, Riverside Indian School
The Bureau of Indian Education's mission is to provide quality education opportunities from early childhood through life in accordance with the tribes' needs for cultural and economic well-being and in keeping with the wide diversity of Indian tribes and Alaska Native villages as distinct cultural and governmental entities.
JOIN US AS WE INSPIRE THE NEXT GENERATION!
POSITION TITLE & GRADE: Assistant Principal, CE-1710-06 (1 POSITION)
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The incumbent will serve as the supervisor for the Academic Department. They will be responsible for the day-to-day administration. Duties include scheduling leave, assignment of teaching areas or rooms, staff, critiques and evaluations; approving supply orders, budget preparation; scheduling professional services; developing curriculum; selecting adapted textbooks; attend school board meetings. Provide staff meetings to carry out planning sessions for the department.
POSITION INFORMATION: Year Long Contract (Full-Time)
SALARY RANGE: $35.16 TO $45.71 per hour (BIE Education Pay Schedule: based on education & experience)
LOCATION: Department of Interior, Bureau of Indian Education, Oklahoma Area Education Office, Riverside Indian School, Anadarko, Oklahoma
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: RIS-18-008
INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Within the scope of Indian preference, all candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin or other non-merit factors.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION LANGUAGE: This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify this agency. The decision in granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Refer to BIE Education Position Categories and Qualifications Handbook for additional qualification requirements and substitutions for education. Applicants must meet the qualification requirements contained in the BIE Education Position Category.
BASIC EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Pay Level: 06
Master’s Degree or Equivalent. A minimum of a Master’s Degree with twelve semester hours in school administration or a six-year university administration program is required. All professional educators will meet the certification standard for their position in the State where the position is located. In addition some agency/schools may require the incumbent to meet the regional accrediting association requirements. Emergency and provisional certificates may be accepted under the conditional they are issued by the State certification authority.
Qualifying experience will be in school administration, teaching, counseling or other professional education experience. A maximum of three years teaching or counseling experience is creditable toward meeting the full qualification requirements.
BASIS OF RATING:
Once the announcement has closed, all applicants for this position will be rated and ranked based upon the extent and quality of their experience, training and/or education as reflected on their resume. The judgment of qualifications will be based on the material submitted; therefore, it is to the applicant’s advantage to give complete and thorough information in a neat and orderly fashion.
SUITABILITY & CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
A background security investigation is required. Appointment is subject to the successful completion of the security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to meet these requirements will be grounds for termination
You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position.
Applicant is subject to a favorable background investigation. This is a Non-Critical, Moderate Risk Position subject to a favorable adjudicated background investigation.
Subject to probationary period for three years.
The incumbent is required to drive a motor vehicle to conduct business at field locations. A valid State driver’s license is required. All applicants MUST submit a current GSA Form 3607, Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and Driving Record in order to receive consideration. Incumbent must possess a valid State Driver’s License.
All male applicants born after December 31, 1959, will be required to complete the certification document to confirm their selective service status.
Government Housing IS NOT available.
Relocation Expenses WILL NOT be paid.
Incumbent will be required to file an OGE Form 450 (Optional)
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must file a resume. The resume must include Vacancy Announcement No., Job Title, Duties and accomplishments, Employer’s name and address, supervisors name and phone number, starting and ending dates (month and year), hours per week, and salary to ensure optimum consideration. The following forms listed with an * must be submitted in order to be considered for the position.
1. *Resume MUST CONTAIN: Vacancy Announcement No., Job Title, Duties and accomplishments, Employer’s name and address, supervisors name and phone number, starting and ending dates (month and year), hours per week, and salary. Complete names and telephone numbers of Employer references (must be within the past 5 years) and three (3) personal references. List people who are not related to you and who know you will on a personal basis and know your qualifications and fitness for the kind of job for which you applying.
2. *College Transcript is required for verification/documentation and for pay purposes (If selected, applicant must provide Official College Transcripts, if applicable)
3. *Copy of Valid Administrative Certification.
4. Form BIA 4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, is required for claiming Indian Preference. The form must be completed by the appropriate official with the federally-recognized tribe where the applicant is enrolled as a member. No other form will be accepted.
5. Copy of most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, current or former Federal employees.
6. Applicant Screening Questionnaire, Indian Child Protection Requirement Form, must contain original signature and date. This position is covered by P.L. 101-647, Indian Children Protection Requirements, and persons convicted of crimes enumerated in the law are not eligible for the position. Optional during the application process; however, selectees will be required to submit as part of the pre-appointment process
7. Form GSA 3607, Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and Driving Record, available at: https://www.gsa.gov/portal/forms/download/117026 , (USE NONFILLABLE PDF VERSION). Optional during the application process; however, selectees will be required to submit as part of the pre-appointment process
8. Candidate selected for this position must meet conflict of interest requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (Standard Form 450, Executive Branch Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (Optional)
NOTE: Persons submitting incomplete applications will be given credit only for the information they provide. It is the applicant's responsibility to submit all required documentation in support of their application in order to receive full credit for their Indian Preference, education, training and/or experience. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE SOLICITED BY THIS OFFICE.
Applications become part of the official record and will not be duplicated or returned. This office will accept telefaxed applications. Applicant’s qualifications will be evaluated solely on the information submitted by them in their applications. Applications mailed using Government postage and/or envelopes are in violation of OPM and Postal Regulations and will not be considered. E-mailed applications/resumes will NOT be accepted.
FAX Number: (505)563-5305
SCHOOL MAILING ADDRESS:
Bureau of Indian Education Human Resources Office
1011 Indian School Road NW, Suite 150 Albuquerque, NM 87104
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Laura Ike, HR Specialist
Applications and all accompanying documents must be received by the close of business (5:00 p.m. MST) on the closing date of the announcement.