SALARY: $34,619.52 - $46,916.48 Annually
OPENING DATE: 12/10/18
CLOSING DATE: 12/17/18 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: NorthPoint Health and Wellness
NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center is seeking two Medical Assistants to help provide general nursing care for patients at NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center's main campus location.
Effective January 6, 2019, there will be a general salary adjustment of 2.5% to the minimum and maximum of the range.
Location and hours:
These positions are located at 1313 Penn Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55411. Work hours for these positions will vary upon clinic hours between 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, and some Saturday mornings from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
In this position, you will:
- Perform the following medical tasks assigned by a registered nurse and provider/s orders:
- Administer medications, injections and immunizations.
- Screen and waive testing as required.
- Perform nebulization and phlebotomy as required.
- Set up for and provide direct assistance to health care providers with medical examinations and procedures including colposcopy and other minor procedures.
- Obtain and document patient information and medical history including current medications, allergies, chief complaint, and immunization history within the EMR.
- Perform basic patient care activities including: rooming patients, complete and documenting vital signs, pharmacy review, identify need for refill medications.
- Demonstrate cultural and age specific competencies when providing direct patient care.
- Clean/sterilize patient equipment and rooms using appropriate infection control techniques.
Need to have:
- Diploma or associate degree from an accredited Medical Assistant program that includes a clinical externship.
- Current certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA); or as a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA).
- Ability to perform the following duties with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Lift a child weighing up to 30-pounds from the floor.
- Maneuver wheelchairs carrying patients weighing up to 300 pounds.
Nice to have:
- Current certification to perform CPR.
- Three or more years of experience as a medical assistant in a community health and family practice setting
- Working with pediatric patients.
- Using EPIC or a similar electronic health record system to schedule and register clients and document client data/care.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and correct procedures for handling sterile/contaminated materials.
- Ability to:
- Read, write, and speak fluently in Spanish and English, recommended.
- Embrace and adhere to diversity and inclusion policy systems while caring for patients with diverse values and beliefs.
- Tailor delivery of health care to meet patients' social, cultural, and linguistic needs.
- Maintain professional demeanor in an unpredictable patient care setting.
- Engage clients and act as their advocate when dealing with other team members and/or other service providers.
- Perform nebulization and phlebotomy.
- Walk and stand for long periods.
*** Apply online at: http://www.hennepin.us/jobs ***
About the department:
NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center actively partners to create a healthier community and works to provide a highly desirable place for health care that values diversity/inclusion, compassion, stewardship, innovation, and integrity.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as a Medical Assistant
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check. Candidates must pass a language assessment to qualify for bilingual duties and pay.