Student Worker Para Professional - Marketing Department
The Minnesota Department of Corrections (DOC) has an opening for a Student Worker Para Professional at MINNCOR Industries in Roseville. This position will provide support services to the Marketing unit with website conversion, data entry, and various other marketing and communication projects.
This position is anticipated to last up to two years, or until the selected candidate completes his/her educational program, whichever occurs sooner.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position will work 30 hours per week. The specific hours and days of work are flexible and will be determined at hire.
The following qualifications are required of all applicants seeking consideration for this position:
- Current enrollment in a post-secondary or graduate study program.*
- Written communication skills sufficient to prepare, edit and update written materials and write letters and emails using correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, and sentence construction.
- Oral communication skills sufficient to provide information to marketing staff.
- Data entry skills sufficient to accurately enter information into various databases.
- Skills in using spreadsheet and graphics software applications, such as Microsoft Excel and Adobe Create Suite 3, sufficient to enter, compile, store and retrieve data in a variety of reports; create statistical reports using spreadsheets; and develop and modify website using advanced features.
- Skills in using word processing software applications, such as Microsoft Word, sufficient to create reports by combining and presenting data from multiple sources in an organized format.
- Ability to compile, research and analyze information from databases and accurately present the data using charts, graphs and tables.
-Ability to use customer service skills on the phone, in person, and online to provide effective general and specialized office support with common courtesy, tact, interest in positive problem solving, empathy, and the ability to organize ideas logically.
*ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENT WORKERS:
To be eligible for employment as a Student Worker, you must be a student enrolled in an educational program or planning to enroll within three months. You may be "off" for the summer or for one semester/quarter and remain employed as a Student Worker, but such absences cannot exceed one semester/quarter in a year. If you are enrolled at a credit-granting institution, you must carry at least six semester (nine quarter) credits. If enrolled at a non-credit granting institution or one that only offers one credit per class, you must be taking two or more classes per semester/quarter. Any lesser credit (class) load shall be treated as a semester/quarter off. Graduate students must be enrolled in at least two courses or making progress on a dissertation. You will be asked to complete an Educational Verification form prior to appointment.
The following qualifications are strongly desired of applicants seeking consideration for this position:
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary or graduate study program in Marketing, Business, English, Communications, or a related program.
- Knowledge of Adobe Create Suite 3 (Illustrator, Photoshop), InDesign, or other graphics design software.
- Knowledge of marketing concepts, branding strategy, methods, and best practices sufficient to assist in marketing MINNCOR product lines.
- Skills in using a variety of office equipment including calculators, automated letter openers, computers and various computer systems.
- Skills in graphic design.
- Skills in marketing.
- Understanding of manufacturing methods.
To view the complete job announcement and to apply, please visit: http://www.mn.gov/careers and refer to Posting #28789 for Student Worker Para Professional. The application deadline is December 17, 2018.
Contributing to a safer Minnesota
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER