Senior Business Analyst
Wolfram Alpha LLC has an opening for Senior Business Analyst position in Champaign, IL; position allows for 100% telecommuting from employee’s home.
- Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports for financial activities within Wolfram Alpha, including providing revenue reporting and subscriber behavior analysis, and assisting with pricing efforts.
- Extract necessary data from a variety of sources along with building proper models for business or financial analysis.
- Establish statistical and mathematical models for quantification and analysis, including user behavior simulation and revenue projection.
- Develop, implement, modify and document recordkeeping using current computer technology.
- Create and maintain Wolfram Alpha revenue reporting, including scorecard and twiki reports.
- Import data needed from applicable databases and integrate data from various sources.
- Establish tables of accounts and assigning entries to proper accounts. Specifically, manage the Wolfram Alpha subscription and payment records for Business Analysis use.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses, and to provide advice.
- Assist with pricing efforts as it relates to pricing models, pricing research, and pricing analysis.
- Conduct market analysis, financial analysis, and competitive analysis to assist management to detect potential opportunities.
- Research customer bases through subscription records, surveys, and feedback mechanisms to determine retention, lifetime value (LTV), and preferences of customers.
- Report to management regarding the finances of the department.
Position is an individual contributor with no supervisory duties, working in a team environment.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) required in Accounting, Finance, Financial Engineering, Statistics, Operations Research or a related quantitative field.
Education or experience must include the following:
1) Making financial analysis and financial reports including revenue analysis and prediction;
2) Advanced statistical models including logistic regression, MLE and time series analysis;
3) establishing pricing models for various products;
4) extracting and processing large dataset from multiple sources, including developing ETL processes for 10T TAQ data; and
5) programming in R, Python, SQL and Mathematica. Position allows for 100% telecommuting from the employee’s home.
Send resume to: [firstname.lastname@example.org] with Job Code WA-4 in the subject heading. No Calls.