Internship: Library Archives Processing: Hennepin County Collection
The Hennepin County Library's Special Collections, Preservation & Digitization dept. is seeking a student intern for an archival processing project. Under the direction of the department's archivist, the intern will work on processing portions of the records of the old Minneapolis Public Library.
Location and hours:
This internship will be located at the Downtown Central Library at 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401. This internship will last for up to three months/150 hours.
In this position, you will:
- Processing collection materials, including physical organization, boxing and foldering, any necessary weeding, and identifying materials needing preservation treatment.
- Finding aid creation.
Need to be:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate library related program or a recent graduate (within 6 months).
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Nice to have:
- Experience in processing archival collections.
- Experience in creating archival finding aids.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to perform successfully routine and repetitive tasks.
- Ability to:
- Communicate instructions clearly.
- Learn work processes quickly.
- Adapt easily to changing priorities and task assignments.
About the department:
- Hennepin County Library works to nourish minds, transform lives and build community together. We are about much more than books. In addition to a collection of almost 5 million books, CDs and DVDs, the library system maintains a treasure trove of documents and online resources, and offers programming to aid and enrich Hennepin County employees and clients.