Customer Logistic Supervisor
The Driver Supervisor internally titled, Customer Logistics Supervisor is typically dedicated to one logistics account and is responsible for all aspects of operations and account management. The CLS is primarily responsible for the leadership of direct reports as well as the attainment of daily operational goals and objectives within an assigned functional area or account.
- Supervising dedicated drivers
- Communication with both internal and external customers
- Coordinating workarounds when concerns or requests for change in route or delivery timeline is requested
- Manage hours of service
- Manage fleet maintenance
- Manage DOT / OSHA Compliance
- Manage payroll , vacation, time off requests
- Interview, hire, train, & mentor drivers
- Work with distribution management team to coordinate seamless transition of goods in and out of cross dock facility
Will consider candidates with driver experience who may be ready to transition to a supervisory role. Ideal candidate will have experience as a driver, dispatching, supervising / leading drivers, or with routing.
2nd shift M-F 3 pm-midnight
Apply now and email Marshall at Marshall_Helenbolt@ryder.com for more information!
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Experience with DOT, OSHA, and all related safety regulations required
- Minimum of 6 (six) months supervisory experience required
- 1-3 Years of experience in a transportation, warehouse or distribution environment preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Preferred
- Knowledge/Experience in transportation environment, (i.e. Shipping, receiving and inventory management, distribution or dispatch) preferred
- Knowledge of warehouse and or software applications, routing and dispatch software systems preferred
- Performance management of direct reports. Developing direct reports
- Employee relations/issue resolution New employee training
- Disciplinary actions
- Quality assurance Administrative duties
- Customer satisfaction/problem resolution
- Ensure functional area meets all productivity goals and objectives
- Safety management and reporting
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.