For more than 140 years, The Family Partnership has built strong families, vital communities, and better futures for children. We fulfill our mission through counseling, education, and advocacy, primarily in the greater Minneapolis / St. Paul area.
We Believe: Families, no matter what their form, are the foundation of strong communities.
Our Purpose Is To: Clear the path for family success.
We Pursue This By:
- Championing the two-generation approach
- Preventing and overcoming adverse childhood experiences
- Demonstrating leadership in thought and action
- Building partnerships based on trust.
The speech-language pathologist is responsible for working with the Unified Therapy director and other team members to provide quality evidence-based therapy services within the scope of Speech Language Pathology standards of practice and in accordance with The Family Partnership Policies.
Administration of speech
- Language testing for appropriate children in a Head Start setting.
- Initiate or follow up on referrals for direct speech-language intervention as indicated by developmental screening or classroom teacher referrals.
Determine suitability of referred child for speech
- Language therapy evaluation and/or therapy services, using standardized assessment tools and formal observations.
- Select, administer, analyze and document therapy assessments in electronic records in a timely manner and written as appropriate for the payer, physician and guardian.
- Consult with parents/guardians, teachers and interdisciplinary team members on collaborative goals.
- Provide education and consultation in a respectful manner appropriate to the learning style of the recipient.
- Formulate discharge and transition plans for termination of therapy services as appropriate.
- Manage and maintain physician orders and insurance authorizations in order to keep all clients current.
- Maintain current doctor's orders, faxing evaluations, and recertification and discharge reports in a timely manner to continue uninterrupted services.
- Submit all billing and coding daily for all individual services and in accordance with DHS regulations.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited Speech Language Pathology school with a Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Membership to American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA).
- At least two years pediatric experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- The ability to work with staff and client communities with sensitivity and respect.
- Must be able to maintain client confidentiality.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Valid MN Driver’s License
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) or be eligible for Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY).
- Speech Language Pathology licensure in the State of Minnesota.
The Family Partnership is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The Family Partnership prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment on the basis of age, race/color, disability, marital status, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or veteran’s status. AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M / F H DV.
Our organization has a partnership with Metropolitan Alliance of Connected Communities (MACC) to provide administrative services including management of the recruiting process. If you apply for this position, you may see references to MACC in some online materials. You may also be contacted by a MACC employee to conduct or schedule an interview.