Public Health Nurse
Department of Human Resources
Hennepin County Government Center
300 South Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55487
http://hennepin.jobs INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF: Public Health Nurse
An Equal Opportunity Employer SALARY
$54,468.34 - $94,464.66 Annually
OPENING DATE: 11/08/19
CLOSING DATE: 11/22/19 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Richfield, MN, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Human Services and Public Health
The Long Term Services and Supports Service (LTSS) area of the Human Services and Public Health (HSPH) department is seeking two Public Health Nurses in Annual Assessments. These postilions will work on an interdisciplinary team of Public Health Nurses and Social Workers. These positions will also utilize the MnCHOICES assessment tool to determine eligibility, level of care and service needs. The assessor will work with recipient to develop a community support plan and inform recipient of their program and service options. The team administers Medicaid waiver and state programs that in addition to serving frail seniors, serves individuals with brain injury, mental health, complex medical, developmental, and physical disabilities.
Location and hours:
This position is located at the Richfield Satellite office at 6625 Lyndale Ave S., Suite 200, Richfield, MN 55423. After passing probation, the location may change. Work hours are flexible, primarily days, Monday through Friday, occasional evening hours may be required.
In this position, you will:
- Conduct comprehensive person centered social/health/medical/psych screenings and assessments.
- Develop community support plans with participants.
- Complete referrals and transfers for service planning and for crisis intervention services as needed.
- Determine applicants' risk of institutional care and their Level of Care according to State and Federal criteria.
- Analyze assessed data and assist applicant in identifying relevant goals along with specific supports that will enhance client's ability to meet goals.
- Determine and make appropriate community resource referrals on behalf of applicant.
- Maintain broad knowledge base related to payer sources and community- based services.
- Coordinate access to Medicaid Waiver programs and MA Home Care services.
- Document data and case activities in State and County computer-based programs.
Need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in nursing from an accredited school of nursing and six months or more of nursing experience working full-time providing home and community-based services.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the state of Minnesota.
- Certification as a Public Health Nurse in the state of Minnesota.
- A valid driver's license and daily access to reliable transportation to travel primarily within/outside of the metro area to meet with clients in their residential settings and/or perform authorized off-site work duties.
Nice to have:
- One year or more providing home and community-based services.
- Working with individuals with complex medical needs, serious and persistent mental illness, or developmental delays and the services and networks that serve them.
- Providing case management.
- Interpersonal, organizational, computer and person-centered interviewing skills.
About the department:
Public Health works to improve the health of all county residents by addressing the social and environmental factors that impact their health and offering programs and services that help them to be healthy. We promote physical and mental health; prevent illness and injury associated with communicable diseases and environmental conditions, and reduce chronic diseases.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This position is internally classified as a Public Health Nurse.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.