Human Resources Internship
We are currently seeking a paid HR Intern to join our team! As a member of the HR Department, you will have the opportunity to learn all-functional areas of HR with added emphasis on benefits and payroll/HRIS administration.
The HR Intern will work full-time (30-32 hours per week), Monday-Friday, normal business hours, during the months of July-August and be evaluated for extension into Fall 2020. This position will start as mostly remote with occasional in-office hours as needed.
- Assists in providing courteous and prompt resolution of employee inquiries (wage requests, employment verifications, password resets, unemployment and benefits inquiries).
- Collaborates with internal customers to provide payroll, benefits, compensation, and other critical metrics/data needed for decision making.
- Assists with benefits administration; mails information packets, builds special enrollments, regular invoicing, tracks new hire benefit enrollment.
- Assists with administration of bi-weekly payroll processing, including payroll batch assembly, time entry review, manager follow-up; audit and administration of payroll and benefits entries to ensure accuracy.
- Maintains knowledge of HR policies and practices and communicates them to employees and managers as needed on an ongoing basis.
- Completes human resource administrative and operational requirements related to recordkeeping, reporting and HR documentation, including employee personnel files in accordance with state and federal law.
- Provides administrative support to the HR Department supporting recruiting activities, new hire orientation, employee engagement, payroll and benefits.
- Develops basic HRIS reporting to support operations.
- Supports self-service approach to HR administration and HRIS usage.
- Completes additional tasks and duties as assigned.
- Assists with regular benefit invoicing and auditing.
- Works with managers and HR team to document and report all workers compensation claims.
Experience and Skills
- Current student or recently completed Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field required.
- Prior HR-related internship experience is strongly preferred.
- Must be a fast-learner with high attention to detail with strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated high spirit to serve in prior customers service experience.
- Dedication to meet strict deadlines, and ability to prioritize is essential. Must be willing to work extended hours as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to multi-task, as well as work independently and in a team setting.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and data management skills.
- A passion for the mission, vision, and values of Sherman Associates.
- Schedule may vary due to the specific needs of the business.