International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum Coordinator for Kaposia Elementary School. This is a 12-month position, 8 hours per day; annual salary up to $96,463 with excellent benefits.
Coordinate implementation and evaluation of IB (PYP/MYP) including continuous improvement and on-going support for curriculum, instruction, and assessment to ensure a high quality program is in place for all students to continuously improve their conceptual understandings, skills, and knowledge.
- Lead the transformation and continual improvement of curriculum to one that is engaging, relevant, challenging, and significant.
- Ensure that the PYP/MYP is planned, taught and assessed collaboratively including the development of approaches to learning in global contexts.
- Develop, document, and communicate the unit planners.
- Collaborate with teams of teachers to embed current content standards throughout the PYP/MYP.
- Assist staff in interdisciplinary lesson development.
- Work with school staff on the continual implementation of the IB Standards and Practices.
- Provide mentoring support for new teachers and staff.
- Responsibility for gathering evidence and completing documents for program evaluation.
- Meet and work regularly with district IB Coordinators and the leadership team to implement the continuum of IB programs with fidelity and ensure seamless transitions for students.
- Ensure PYP/MYP-related assessment principles and criteria are made explicit to students, parents, and staff.
- Assist staff in implementing culturally relevant instructional strategies in order to address the needs of all students.
- Promote integration of technology as a tool for improving student engagement and achievement.
- Coordinate developing and maintaining formative and summative assessments in all curricular areas.
- Support the implementation and evaluation of new and ongoing programs aimed at expanding learning opportunities for all students.
- Assist in the selection and design of instruments and procedures for curricular materials, best practice instructional strategies and assessment tools.
- Work with district and building Staff Development committees to identify, organize and offer professional learning opportunities at local, state, regional and national levels.
- Maintain a balanced budget working with the district office, including timely payment of all IBO and MAIB fees, and invoice related to supplies and materials.
- Participate in the wider IB community, including network meetings, the OCC, blogs, discussion forums, and hosting visitors.
- Be familiar with and promote understanding of PYP/MYP documents to the community including newsletters, marketing materials, and websites.
- Assist in coordinating and developing a district-wide professional development program focused on improving student learning.
- Other duties as assigned.