Fall 2020 Virtual Intern at Arab America
Fall 2020 Virtual Inter at Arab America
Application Deadline: Open until all positions are filled.
Term: September-December 2020 (4 Months)
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, we are currently accepting off-site work-at-home applicants
Interns selected will be asked to focus on four or more of the following areas:
- Writing content on the identity and culture of Arab Americans and other major issues that impact them
- Keeping social media sites up-to-date
- Developing videos for various digital platforms*
- Posting original and aggregated content to Arab America’s digital platforms
- Searching for events and information about Arab American communities
- Representing and promoting Arab America at selected community/online events
- Developing and managing the Arab America database
- Updating the content of the website, E-News, and social media
- Following up with sponsors for Arab America events
- Assisting in developing and implementing special projects
Compensation: Internships are unpaid, but credit hours are available. Full-time applicants are preferred; however, part-time applicants (minimum of 18-20 hours per week) are considered.
About Arab America
With close to four million Arab Americans in the U.S., Arab America’s primary mission is to unify the diverse and growing Arab American community, to promote an accurate image, and to act as a “bridge” between the Arab and non-Arab American communities. This is accomplished through the dissemination of events, articles, celebrations, and various content via the website, e-mail, and social media.