Educational Leader - Before School Matters
CESA 6 is seeking to hire an Educational Leader to work for the Menasha Joint School District Community Learning Center Before School Matters Program beginning with the 2020-2021 school year. Under the supervision of the CLC Site Coordinator, the Educational Leader designs, implements, and leads programs/activities during Before School Matters. The Educational Leader plans activities that incorporate learning enrichment and a wide variety of skill-building activities that promote growth and development in youth. The Educational Leader, along with the other CLC staff, is responsible for creating an engaging and positive environment for students during out-of-school time.
This position is part-time during the school year. Regular hours are Monday through Friday with start time beginning at 6:15 am and ending between 8:15-8:30 am. The program runs on full school days only. This position, as an Educational Leader, would also receive an additional 1.5 hours per week of paid prep for planning.
The Menasha Joint School District is currently using a virtual instruction model due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The start date for this position will coincide with the date the Menasha Joint School District returns to in-person instruction.
• Develop, organize, and facilitate age and ability-appropriate interactive learning activities
• Submit organized weekly activity plans to the Site Coordinator
• Utilize Common Core Standards, MJSD benchmarks, and researched-based curriculum to support the development of activities that will produce a highly interactive learning environment during out-of-school time
• Utilize CLC resources and supplies to support the weekly activities planned
• Work under the daily direction of the Site Coordinator
• Observe necessary precautions to ensure the safety of program participants and maintain a clean and professional environment
• Organize necessary supplies for programs/activities
• Guide assisting staff and volunteers
• Supervise and monitor the behavior of the participants. Enforce rules and regulations and apply appropriate disciplinary measures as needed
• Utilize PBIS and CHAMPS strategies to manage students
• Communicate effectively with parents, other CLC staff, and day school teachers concerning activities/programs, participant’s academic struggles and successes, schedule changes, participant’s behavior and needs, upcoming programs, room usage, etc.
• Attend mandatory staff meetings and staff training sessions
• Perform all additional tasks as assigned by the Site Coordinator
Part-time employees are not eligible for sick, vacation or benefits packages and are hired as LTE through CESA 6 with placement in the Menasha Joint School District CLC department.
Individual must have 1-3 years experience working in youth development or education. Individual must also be comfortable and knowledgeable in creating and facilitating learning activities suitable for an active out-of-school time enrichment environment. The individual must possess a high school diploma, an Associates or Bachelor degree preferred. Must have certification in First Aid, Infant/Child CPR/AED, and NVCI or have the ability to obtain this certification.