Program Assistant - After School Matters
CESA 6 is seeking to hire a part-time Program Assistant to work for the Menasha Joint School District Community Learning Center program beginning with the 2020-2021 school year. Under the supervision of the assigned CLC Site Coordinator, the CLC Program Assistant supports the execution and operational structures of CLC programs at the assigned school site. The Program Assistant provides a wide range of support to the CLC programs in order to aid in facilitating and managing daily operations. The Program Assistant must be service minded, highly flexible, well organized and have a strong desire to focus on generating a positive team atmosphere with other staff in order to create a safe, fun, and educational environment for students and families in Menasha Joint School District.
This position is part-time, with scheduled hours Monday - Friday when school is in session up to 2.75 hours per day, running from August to June.
The Menasha Joint School District is currently using a virtual instruction model due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The start date for this position will coincide with the date the Menasha Joint School District returns to in-person instruction. During the remainder of the school year, the district may elect to operate virtually for a period of time.
• Assist CLC Site Coordinator in managing operational structures of After School Matters, including but not limited to, rosters/attendance, snack procedures, student/family communication, supporting the CLC line staff, student arrival and pick-up, special events, program preparations, field trips and off-site activities, etc.
• Manage circumstances of student illness or injury during the program
• Manage student behaviors according to the MJSD accepted strategies and practices for doing so
• Communicate with parents as needed regarding programming, student schedules, fee collection, and any other needs of each parent as it pertains to CLC
• Enforce rules, regulations, and procedures on behalf of the CLC
• Support and promote the CLC and its functions, activities, and operations
• Assist in the organization of supplies and the development of resources for programs/activities
• Provide classroom/student support during After School Matters on an as needed basis
• Observe necessary precautions to ensure the safety of program participants and maintain a clean and professional environment
• Take daily direction from assigned CLC Site Coordinator
• Fill in for absent staff on an as needed basis
• Attend mandatory staff meetings and staff training sessions
• Perform additional tasks as assigned by the designated CLC Site Coordinator
Part-time employees are not eligible for sick, vacation or benefits packages and are hired as LTE through CESA 6 with placement in the Menasha Joint School District CLC department.
Individual must have 2-3 years experience working with youth and facilitating programs for youth or families. The individual must also possess strong communication skills, high-quality customer service practices, and proven leadership traits. The individual must have a high school diploma with additional college credits preferred. First Aid/CPR/AED and NVCI training are required.