Instrumental Music Teacher
INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC TEACHER
1. Must be Wisconsin DPI certified in instrumental music and general music, grades PK-12 Additional certification in choral music preferred.
2. Must be able to travel between multiple buildings.
3. Strong communications skills, both written and oral, as they apply to parents and fellow staff members.
4. Evidence of commitment to own professional growth.
5. Willingness to be trained and involved in PBIS.
6. Have training/experience in working with special education and English Learner students in an integrated setting.
7. Willingness to be involved in extended-day teaching activities and/or programs.
The successful candidate will be familiar with the state and national standards along with a diverse knowledge of pedagogy to teach the standards including knowledge of Kodaly and Orff. In addition, experience with or a strong desire to learn to integrate the music curriculum with the arts and other subjects is a must. The successful candidate must have the skills to work with a diverse population of students as well as a commitment to professional growth and a strong commitment to become involved in the school and the school community.
The Sheboygan Area School District is a strong advocate of best practice. Our District educational goals are centered on a Professional Learning Community model. We further support our PLC process with Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS), Response to Intervention (RtI), and 21st Century Skills. The successful candidate(s) for employment in our District need to have a strong working knowledge of the above listed best-practice concepts that are the centerpieces of our District goals.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: https://wecan.education.wisc.edu/#/Employer/3479/Vacancies/1 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials by 11:59 p.m. on April 18, 2021.