Special Education (Cross-Categorical) Teacher at Grant Elementary School
SPECIAL EDUCATION (CROSS-CATEGORICAL) TEACHER
GRANT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1. Must be Wisconsin DPI certified in Special Education Emotional Behavioral Disabilities, and/or Specific Learning Disabilities, and/or Intellectual Disabilities, middle childhood to early adolescent.
2. Knowledge and experience working with students with an IEP.
3. Knowledge of writing College and Career IEP’s.
4. Training and experience in behavior management, including writing a Behavior Intervention Plan.
5. Knowledge and experience with reading and math instruction; including intervention strategies.
Candidates must demonstrate successful experiences with students with an IEP. Desire and ability to work in a cross-categorical, inclusive delivery model with ID, SLD, EBD, Autism, OHI, and Speech and Language students. Willingness to team-teach with classroom teachers in the English Learner and regular education setting, including some whole group instruction. Must be knowledgeable in state standards and be able to modify and adapt the curriculum to meet the individual student learning needs. Ability to work with a variety of learning styles, relate to a wide variety of individuals. Ability to be flexible and work well with support staff, parents, and administration. Must be knowledgeable in the IEP process. Trained or willing to be trained and able to serve on the CPI non-violent crisis intervention team.
The Sheboygan Area School District is a strong advocate of best practice. Our District educational goals are centered on a Professional Learning Community model. We further support our PLC process with Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS), Response to Intervention (RtI), and 21st Century Skills. The successful candidate(s) for employment in our District need to have a strong working knowledge of the above listed best-practice concepts that are the centerpieces of our District goals.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: https://wecan.education.wisc.edu/#/Employer/3479/Vacancies/1 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials by 11:59 p.m. on April 26, 2021.