Scale House Attendant
OPENING DATE: 04/28/21
CLOSING DATE: 05/05/21 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Limited Duration: Irregular Schedule (non-benefit)
LOCATION: Hennepin County, MN, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Environment and Energy
The Environment and Energy Department is seeking a Scale House Attendant to process transactions at drop off facilities. These citizen drop-off facilities provide an opportunity for residents to properly manage household hazardous waste, recyclables, and problem materials like computers, televisions, and appliances. This position requires excellent customer service skills.
About the position type:
This is a limited duration (temporary), irregular schedule non- benefit earning position.
Location and hours:
This position will be located at either Brooklyn Park Transfer Station, 8100 Jefferson Hwy Brooklyn Park, MN 55445 or South Hennepin Recycling and Problem Waste Drop-off Center, 1400 West 96th Street, Bloomington, MN, or both. There is no public transportation to these buildings.
This position is subject to 8-hour shift and up to 24 hours a week. Work hours are Tuesday through Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
In this position, you will:
- Operate Point of Sale (POS), process financial transactions.
- Greet customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Record all business transactions efficiently.
- Answer customer questions professionally, by phone or in person.
- Provide customers with the proper informational literature; inventory informational literature weekly.
- Access the county web site for the Green Disposal Guide to answer citizens' questions.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- One or more full-time equivalent years of office clerical experience.
- Six months of office clerical experience and completion of the Office Specialist Pathway Training program.
- Six months of office clerical experience and completion of the Healthcare Clerical Pathway Training program.
- Note: Education may be substituted for experience on a semester (12 credits) basis.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, and stand for extended periods of time, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Nice to have:
- Experience/familiarity with using:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and/or Access.
- A call center system.
- Ability to:
- Perform cash transactions or processing payments.
- Work in a high-volume customer service center.
- Record all commercial hauler and citizen transactions correctly in the county computer system using Paradigm software.
- Successfully perform routine and repetitive tasks.
- Follow detailed instructions.
- Work independently with minimal direction.
About the department:
The Environment and Energy department protects and preserves the environment to enhance the quality of life for current and future generations. We engage communities to develop and enact sustainable solutions. We focus on reducing and responsibly managing waste, protecting and preserving ecosystems, delivering clean energy and promoting environmental stewardship.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This position is internally classified as an Office Specialist I.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check.